MSR gas sensors detect hazardous ambient air during the production process.
Aeijst (pronounced A-st) is a Styrian gin. Named after the dialect word for branches. Produced in southern Styria. Aeijst is made from 100 % organic ingredients.
9 different botanicals such as juniper berries, lavender, ginger and coriander were first tasted individually, then combined in a harmonious recipe.
Handcrafted out of honest conviction. Balanced in taste. Puristic, but not simple.
CO2 extraction process
For a certainly gentle and sustainable extraction of the various botanicals, the supercritical CO2 extraction process has proven to be particularly efficient.
Roughly translated, CO2 extraction means the act of pulling certain substances out from a raw material by means of carbon dioxide. CO2 is used as a solvent in this process where CO2 is pressurised to over 73 bar and heated to approx. 30 °C.
This process is also used, for example, for:
- Perfume production
- Caffeine production
- Cannabis production
Gas alarm systems protect people whose workspaces are in danger zones. At the Aeijst gin distillery, the CO2 gas warning system was renewed and brought up to date.
MSR solutions for the gas monitoring: CO2 gas warning system
The Multi-Gas-Controller (MGC2) from MSR-Electronic monitors toxic and combustible gases, refrigerants and oxygen in conjunction with gas sensors.
In the Aeijst gin distillery, it is CO2 that is measured. The MGC2 monitors the measured values and activates the alarm relays if the set alarm thresholds for pre-alarm and main alert are exceeded in case of gas leakage.
Various output and input options allow for easy integration into existing systems.
Up to 3 remote analog sensors can be connected to the MGC2. The MGC2 thus represents the compact variant for analog sensors.
- Internal function monitoring with integrated hardware watchdog
- Hardware and software according to SIL compliant development process
- Easy maintenance by replacing the sensor heads or via comfortable on-site calibration
- Modular technology (plug-in and exchangeable)
- Reverse polarity protected, overload and short-circuit proof
- 3 analog inputs 4–20 mA for analog sensors
- 3 relays with change-over contacts, potential-free max. 240 V AC, 5 A
- 2 transistor outputs, 24 V DC, 0.1 A (plus switching)
- 2 digital inputs
- Serial RS-485 interface with protocol for DGC-06 or Modbus
- Different types of housing with IP65
- Warning buzzer and status LED (WAO) for alarm, fault, operation and service
- Reset button, display, UPS
- Operating voltage 230 V AC with wide range input 100–240 V AC
Further information on MSR products can be found in the current MSR-Electronic online catalog or in the webshop: www.msr-24.com.
The entire support and installation of the gas warning system was handled by the MSR branch, MSR-Austria, www.msr-austria.at.