Gas alarm systems from MSR-Electronic enable a reliably and early gas detection
The AUVA rehabilitation centre in Bad Häring, in Austria is a location of the Allgemeinen Unfallversicherungsanstalt (General Accident Insurance Institution) in Austria and is one of the most modern rehabilitation centres in Europe. In the underground car park of the centre, the ventilation system with 2-zone control and the linked CO gas warning system from MSR-Austria were renewed on the 2 half levels.
For early gas detection in the underground car park, gas warning devices from MSR-Electronic are used for this purpose to immediately protect and warn people in case of high exposure.
How are the gas detectors from MSR-Electronic used for gas detection?
CO is a highly toxic gas that is produced, among other things, during the combustion process of car engines.
Thus, the gas poses a considerable health risk, especially in parking garages. The use of CO gas sensors is therefore mandatory for public garages and underground garages.
As soon as a critical gas concentration occurs, the gas controller (type GC-06) immediately activates the ventilation system and evaluates the data. The integrated Modbus interface then forwards all sensor information in digital form to the PKE building control system for processing. In this way, dangers are prevented at all times.
In order to ensure absolute safety during gas detection, only gas leak detectors that conform to the standards ÖNORM EN 50545, ÖNORM M9419, ÖNORM H6003, OVE E8101 are used.
Solutions from MSR-Electronic for reliable gas detection in the AUVA rehabilitation centre
A GC-06 controller, an EP-06 expansion module and 6 MC2 sensors are used for gas detection in the underground car park. The GC-06 controller is a measurement, warning and controlling device for toxic, combustible gases and refrigerants and can monitor and evaluate up to 100 gas sensors.
The reliable MC2 sensor with digitalised measured value processing, temperature compensation and self-monitoring is used for early gas detection in the underground car park.
In addition to the electrochemical sensor element with measuring amplifier, a module with μC, analog output and power supply is integrated in the MC2 sensor unit. The μController calculates a linear 4–20 mA signal from the sensor measuring signal and also stores the relevant measured values and data of the sensor element.
Calibration is done by simply exchanging the sensor unit or by using the integrated, convenient calibration routine directly on the system.
BENEFITS DURING GAS DETECTION
- Digital measurement value processing incl. temperature compensation
- Internal function control with integrated watchdog
- Data / measured values in µC of the sensor unit, so simple exchange uncalibrated <> calibrated
- High accuracy, selectivity and reliability
- Low zero-point drift
- Long sensor lifetime
- Hardware & software according to SIL compliant development process
- Easy maintenance and calibration by exchange of the sensor unit or by comfortable on-site calibration
- 4–20 mA (or 2–10 V) analog output with selective signal output for special mode, fault etc.
- Reverse polarity protected, overload and short-circuit proof
- IP65 version
- Housing for integration of the sensor unit (option)
- Display (option)
- Display with 2 open-collector outputs for horn (resettable) and warning lamp (option)
- Conformity to: EN 378, EN 45544-1, -3, EN 50104 (for O2), EN 50271, EN 50545, EN 61010-1, ANSI/UL 61010 1, CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 61010-1
- Duct mounting kit (accessory)
APPLICATION OF THE GAS LEAK DETECTOR
The PolyGard®2 Sensor MC2 is used for gas detection or for oxygen monitoring when a typical 4–20 mA signal is required.
Installation and commissioning were carried out in cooperation with PKE Gebäudetechnik GmbH – partner and client of MSR-Austria (www.msr-austria.at).
You can also find more information about MSR products in the current Online Catalog or in the webshop www.msr-24.com.