Commissioning and maintenance possible at the touch of a button
“Keep it simple” – these three words probably describe the Compact Controller best. It can be adapted to the respective application at the touch of a button, is digital and equipped with all the safety advantages.
The new Compact Controller of the PolyGard®2 Series from MSR-Electronic is designed as a gas detection system for connection of max. 10 gas sensors via its own field bus and used for detection and warning of various gases, especially for gas detection systems and projects of smaller size.
The controller monitors the measured values and activates the alarm relays if the specified (max. four) alarm thresholds for pre- and main alarm are exceeded. The measured values are provided via an RS-485 interface for direct connection to higher-level units.
The 4–20 mA analog output provides either a sum signal of all or of certain measured values or the signal of one measured value.
The SIL2-compliant self-monitoring in the Compact Controller as well as in the connected SB2Units activates the fault signal in the event of an internal fault as well as in the event of a fault in the field bus communication and in the event of a fault in the 4–20 mA output current signal.
To the wide range of applications in gas detection technology following other options ensure proper adaption:
- three-colour status LEDs
- digital input for acknowledgment function
Features and Benefits of the Compact Controller
- Display for all display and configuration functions as well as calibration function
- Fieldbus connection for up to ten gas sensors (SB2Units) with max. 900 m length
- Easy maintenance / calibration by replacing the sensor cartridge or via comfortable on-site calibration
- Hardware and software according to SIL-compliant development process
- Modular technology (plug-in and exchangeable)
- Reverse polarity protected, overload and short circuit proof
- Internal function monitoring with integrated hardware watchdog
- Three relays with changeover contact, potential-free max. 240 V AC, 5 A
- Two transistor outputs, 24 V DC, 0.1 A (plus switching)
- Serial RS-485 interface with protocol for DGC-06
- Various housing types with IP65
- Two digital inputs
- Warning buzzer and status LED for alarm, fault, operation and service (option)
- Operating voltage 230 V AC, with wide range input 100 to 240 V AC (option)
- UPS (option)
- ANSI/UL 61010 1 & CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 61010-1 (option)
- Conformity to: EN 50271, IEC/EN 61508-1-3, EN 60079-29-1, EN 50104 and EN 50545-1