“Keep it simple” – these three words probably describe the Compact Controller best. It can be adapted to the respective application at the touch of a button without tools, is digital and equipped with all the safety advantages.
The new Compact Controller of the PolyGard®2 Series from MSR-Electronic is designed as a gas detection system for connection of max. 10 gas sensors via its own field bus and used for detection and warning of various gases, especially for gas detection systems and projects of smaller size.
The controller monitors the measured values and activates the alarm relays if the specified (max. four) alarm thresholds for pre- and main alarm are exceeded. The measured values are provided via an RS-485 interface for direct connection to higher-level units. The 4–20 mA analog output provides either a sum signal of all or of certain measured values or the signal of one measured value.
The SIL2-compliant self-monitoring in the Compact Controller as well as in the connected SB2Units activates the fault signal in the event of an internal fault as well as in the event of a fault in the field bus communication and in the event of a fault in the 4–20 mA output current signal.
Other options such as three-colour status LEDs, buzzer, digital input for acknowledgment function ensure proper adaptation to the wide range of applications in gas detection technology.
Features and Benefits
- Display for all display, configuration and calibration functions (no additional tool required)
- Fieldbus connection for up to ten gas sensors (SB2Units) with max. 900 m length
- Easy maintenance / calibration by replacing the sensor cartridge or via comfortable on-site calibration
- Hardware and software according to SIL-compliant development process
- Modular technology (plug-in and exchangeable)
- Reverse polarity protected, overload and short circuit proof
- Internal function monitoring with integrated hardware watchdog
- Three relays with changeover contact, potential-free max. 240 V AC, 5 A
- Two transistor outputs, 24 V DC, 0.1 A (plus switching)
- Serial RS-485 interface with protocol for DGC-06
- Various housing types with IP65
- Two digital inputs
- Warning buzzer and status LED for alarm, fault, operation and service (option)
- Operating voltage 230 V AC, with wide range input 100 to 240 V AC (option)
- UPS (option)
- ANSI/UL 61010 1 & CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 61010-1 (option)
- Conformity to: EN 50271, IEC/EN 61508-1-3, EN 60079-29-1, EN 50104 and EN 50545-1
MSR-Electronic is a manufacturer of fixed gas alarm systems with decades of experience in building automation and gas measurement technology. The international company with headquarters in Germany offers a wide range of methods for the detection of toxic and combustible gases. On this basis, MSR-Electronic develops individual gas sensors, controllers and warning devices for many applications, such as parking garages, tunnels, petrochemical industry or shipping. The products meet more than the general standards and regulations and can therefore grant the safety of the system.
If you have any questions please send us an email at email@example.com or give us a call.